Wednesday 9 October 2013

Learn Something New Every Day - Gratitude Day 6

Gratitude is when memory is stored in the heart and not in the mind.
Lionel Hampton

I have a hard time with gratitude and thank you... no, not when I have to say those words or show my appreciation, but when it is directed towards me.
I have pondered the prompt and I actually have the book "The Happiness Project" by Gretchen Rubin on my ipad... but it is one of those "i will get around to reading this some time soon, honest" reads! I think that will have to change and it will have to make it into my top 10 next books to read lists.

Things I learned today:
  • I often feel taken for granted by my family.
  • I don't stop often enough to count my blessings and be thankful for what I do have.
  • I find it hard to accept that others could appreciate what I do for them.
  • I should dust off my gratitude app and start being thankful for something each day.
  • Often, the smallest gestures leave the biggest impressions on our hearts and minds.
  • Gratitude is not always obvious, but it is there.
  • Being kind is a form of gratitude.
  • More people appreciate me than I give myself credit for. 


These were given to me as a sign of appreciation by:
Michelle, Kim and my husband (yes, he had been horrid to me)


2 comments:

  1. You do loads of lovely things for everyone Nicky- you should be aware that they are really grateful. Em had a huge smile with the thought that her little elf will be getting into mischief!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh but ems is special to me :) im still determined to make the moose..

    ReplyDelete