Monday 7 October 2013

Learn Something New Every Day - Recurrences Day 5

Go on failing. Go on. Only next time, try to fail better.
Samuel Beck


The theme for today's Learn Something New actually was aimed at "time".. i am useless with time keeping as well.. even if i plan, make lists, write it in calendars, set my idevices to remind me.. you can guarantee, i forget. Much to my husband's dismay, I still cannot get our anniversary right. In saying all that, I found a much more important recurrent theme to my life: Failure
If I can fail at something, I can guarantee you that I will. I have pondered this all day (yesterday) but I was too exhausted to blog about it, though i managed just about to take a photo to use for this post. 

I did manage to get to the Moxley Crop... but once there, it all turned into a huge failure.. it wasn't anyone's fault but my own. I once again realised that i just don't fit in, that social situations scare the living day lights out of me and that i lack social skills on all fronts. A couple of ladies tried to make conversation but soon left me alone, I ended up shuffling some paper around and then made a hasty retreat before I was noticed. 


This is the makaton sign for bad/wrong, the right one for fail escapes me and the boys don't remember either.
But bad/wrong falls into the category of fail.. so ill stick with that


What I learned:
  • I'm not ready for social situations
  • No matter how much I want to trust people, I always end up being the idiot.
  • I think I did my best, then it turns out it wasn't.
  • Sometimes it is ok to give up.


3 comments:

  1. It's always ok to give up on a situation that is stressing you. I think it's easier to go to crops with someone. You just have to create something really pretty at home- and make a trip to the Range for more essential supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to say - Hello!
    It's great that Kim also reads your blog!
    I wonder - perhaps you will take part in Lucky Snapping in 2013!
    / I'm not ready for social situations - TOO! - I don't even care! What I cann't do - these tasks does my husband! - Pay bills, go to meetings of fellow tenants ../
    Nicky - You are very sensitive and fragile. Be yourself!

    ReplyDelete